Services - Architecture
Architects at UPEA understand the unique requirements often demanded in a construction project in the Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin. We focus on those requirements starting with our initial client meeting and continuing in the conceptual phase and final design.
Our completed projects are testament to our ability to work within a client's budget, while producing an aesthetically pleasing result. And one that is functional in a four-season climate.
U.P. Engineer & Architects is a member of U.S. Green Building Council. UPEA's architects have designed buildings in the Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin that qualify for LEED® certification. The company has engineers and architects on staff who are LEED® accredited.
We have found that our success is based upon three principles:
- we match staff capabilities with the demands of the project and the desires of the client
- communicating with the client and carefully identifying their goals
- integration of services, meaning, for example, that when we need the expertise of our engineering division, we have it
- Commercial, institutional, and residential building design
- Historic preservation & restoration
- Adaptive re-use
- Building inspections
- Building code analysis
- Feasibility studies & needs assessments
- Energy studies
- Landscape architecture
- Interior design
UPEA's architects have provided services across the region including in Marquette, Houghton, Iron Mountain, Norway, Sault Ste. Marie, Calumet, Hancock, Munising, Ironwood, Iron River, Ishpeming, St. Ignace, Escanaba, Menominee, Gladstone, Manistique, Kingsford, Crystal Falls, Marinette, Wisconsin, and many other communities in the region.