UPEA offers planning services for local government, corporate, and institutional clients. We are noted for a “climate responsive” approach on projects in the Upper Great Lakes Region. This philosophy results in a landscape or facility that is visually appealing as well as functional in all seasons.
We have served clients on an assortment of projects including: site planning, parks and recreation planning and design, waterfront redevelopment, streetscaping, and historic redevelopment.
Design concepts seek to balance competing values, such as the design of appealing communities versus financial feasibility, the protection of the natural environment versus the need for economic development, and pedestrian friendly designs and facilities versus easy snow management or traffic flows.
- Site Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Downtown Revitalization/Redevelopment
- Grant Applications & Administration
- Waterfront Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Financial Packaging for Infrastructure
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Houghton Streetscape
- Site Planning for Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital (Houghton Clinic)
- L'Anse Streetscape
- Menkaunee Harbor Plan, Marinette, Wisconsin
- Marquette Commons, a Four-Season Project
- Calumet Township Recreation Plan
- Calumet Township Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Grants
- Grant Township Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Grants
- Calumet Township MDNR Passport Grants
- Grant Township's Hunters Point Park (grant funding and barrier-free viewing platform)